02 Feb 2019 - 08 Dec 2019
10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
The Lucknow goldfield was discovered in 1851. Located just nine kilometres from Orange on the eastern side of Lucknow, the Wentworth Main Mine holds its open days on the First Saturday and Sunday of the month. Stroll around this historic mining site and see relics of past mining heritage.
Wentworth Mine is open the first Saturday and Sunday of each month from 10am to 2.30pm.
To ensure the safety of visitors at Wentworth main mine, they ask that you obey all signs and instructions.
- Visitors must stay within the designated pathways
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Visitors must not climb or touch equipment
- Visitors are to report all incidents
- The use of illicit drugs is prohibited
- Beware of reptiles
- The removal of objects or artifacts from this site is prohibited
- It is also recommended to wear closed-in shoes, bring along a hat, sunscreen and water
Wentworth Main Mine
4570-4578 Mitchell Highway
Carpark, Coach Parking, Family Friendly, Public Toilet