The results are in! Here’s how you Spun and Won with Newcrest and Orange360 - Orange 360
Orange NSW. 8.4°C

The Full 360

Share this around

Home  -  The Full 360

Your destination for the news and stories relating to Orange NSW and its surrounding villages.

Catch up on the latest stories from our region. Get to know our growers, makers and storytellers as they share their tips on how to get the most out of the region.

The results are in! Here’s how you Spun and Won with Newcrest and Orange360
/ Categories: News

The results are in! Here’s how you Spun and Won with Newcrest and Orange360

On Monday 27 September; 1600 people logged on to Orange360.com.au to take part in the $220,000 Newcrest & Orange360 Spin and Win Giveaway. With a huge response nationwide, in just under 40 minutes, all prizes the prizes had been claimed. 77% of prizes were claimed by Central West Locals, with the remaining 23% being sent all over the nation. Mostly within NSW but some as far as Western Australia and The Northern Territory.

Cadia Valley Operations, Manager- People & Social Performance, Bridgette Byrne, stated, “There are over 150 businesses which have benefited directly from the spin and win initiative supported by Newcrest’s $20M Community Support Fund.  These businesses now have the potential to introduce themselves to new customers and with 1,600 excited winners talking up Orange businesses and getting to enjoy their prizes, it is sure to help restart the local tourism, hospitality and retail sectors.”

Of all the winners, 133 chose to share the love and pay-it-forward, nominating friends and loved one’s to receive the prize. Sydney man Andrew Vincent won a Mixed Case from Pioneer Brewing Co and paid it forward to his brother Will; “I haven’t been able to see my brother over the last 3 months or so because of lockdown, he lives alone, and it has to be tough. It’s just nice being able to send him something to brighten his day a little bit, I know he will appreciate the beer!”

Our local business’, however, are the real winners of the Newcrest & Orange360 Spin and Win, not only receiving direct funds for their prize offering but also, the opportunity for new business. Orange Central Grounds Owner Damian Harris explained; “We had 58 prizes available as part of the giveaway, of the 58 winners, just one was already a regular customer. It’s an excellent opportunity to convert some of those locals to regular customers and increase word of mouth about our business. We had a few national winners as well, and we hope they come in and pay us a visit when they take their next trip to Orange.”

“It’s been an incredible response from local businesses and those who Spun and Won. We’re grateful to Newcrest for working with us and providing the funding for Spin and Win, this is just the start of our recovery out of the state-wide lockdowns. It’s great to support or locals but equally nice to see the reach of the giveaway. We hope that all those who entered from outside of our region are encouraged to head West once regional travel is back on the cards and come and visit us here in Orange.” said Orange360 General Manager, Caddie Marshall.

For trip inspiration and to find out What’s On in the Orange region, head to https://www.orange360.com.au/Events

Previous Article The Long Awaited Drop; The Orange Wine Festival is Back in 2021
Next Article Four Orange Businesses Finalists in NSW Tourism Awards

x

#orange360

Stay in the loop

Subscribe