Orange 360 partnership is open to all businesses that have a positive connection with the Orange NSW region.
Approvals, insurances and licences: It is the responsibility of partners to have all necessary licences, insurance policies and statutory approvals required to operate their business in agreeance with any local, state and federal authorities and within the law. Copies of these documents must be supplied to Orange360.
Promotion (online and printed): As a partner of Orange360 it is a requirement that you review your business listing on www.Orange360.com.au and www.visitnsw.com.au to ensure it is up to date with accurate information by liaising with Orange360 if amendments are required. Orange 360 reserves the right to edit inaccurate or inappropriate information/images from these websites, or to remove a partners listing from a website. Orange 360 accepts no liability for inaccurate information or inclusion on any of these websites.
Partnership fees are non-refundable.
Partner’s Responsibilities Code of Conduct:
The Orange 360 code of conduct outlines professional guidelines so the conduct of Orange 360 partners will enhance the regions profile and contribute positively to the community, environment and quality of life. By becoming a partner you agree to be bound by the code of conduct and terms and conditions set below.
Orange360 Partners are expected to:
- It is the responsibility of the partner to ensure all contact details are up to date and alternative contact arrangements are in place.
- Act professionally and with high levels of duty of care, safety and concern towards other Orange 360 partners, customers and the local government areas of Orange, Cabonne and Blayney.
- Deliver with integrity, all advertised products and services, meeting all legal responsibilities including trading only under a registered business name.
- Speak and act respectfully and not denigrate or slander anyone or discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religious belief, sexual orientation or political persuasion.
- Comply with the laws of Australia and ensure all contracts and terms of business are clear, concise and honoured in full, ensuring all dealings are ethical and fair.
- Ensure claims in advertising and marketing a product or service are true, not misleading or exaggerated and are not negative about another partner’s product or service.
- Manage their business effectively and efficiently, enhancing the reputation of tourism within the local government areas Orange, Cabonne, Blayney and to respond and resolve customer complaints in a timely and courteous manner and to change business processes and policies when necessary.
- Operate a safe, healthy and satisfying working environment for staff, customers and the public.
- Manage their staff/employees fairly and equitably. Consider environmental best practice guidelines, conserving water, energy and the natural environment.
Partnership of Orange 360 is subject to review and acceptance by the Board or their authorised agent.
Ambassadors for the Orange region and help promote community understanding of the importance of the Orange360 role as a vibrant contributor to the local economy.
Breaches of the Partner’s Code of Conduct may result in suspension of partnership and associated benefits including website listings and marketing support. Partners have a right to address the Board should a breach be alleged against them. It is understood that by submitting an application form you agree to follow the Partner’s Responsibilities and the Partners Code of Conduct.
It is compulsory that you agree to these terms and conditions when you purchase your partnership. Partnership and its benefits are not valid unless this is received.